This Interim Reservation and Cancellation Policy was last adjusted on June 12, 2020 and applies to reservations that were scheduled for arrivals beginning March 12, 2020.
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
We understand you have a lot on your mind. You’ve faced unprecedented disruptions to your day-to-day life — and your vacations. We are here to help, with the most current information on reservation flexibility.
The Next Level of Clean
Experience enhanced cleaning and safety standards throughout our resorts, including hospital-grade disinfectants, hand sanitizing stations, and a host of protective social distancing guidelines. We’re ready to welcome you — and serve you safely.
With Your Health and Safety in Mind
Amenities may be closed or limited to support social distancing. For current status of individual resorts and destinations, please visit our Resort Status page.
Reservation Cancellation Information*
Pause now, play later. To help you navigate through this rapidly evolving situation, we’ve adjusted your reservation and cancellation options to be more fluid during this uncertain time. This way you can focus on what’s most important right now: taking care of yourself and those closest to you. After all, that’s what your vacations are about.
I'm Canceling a Reservation Made with:
If you are seeking to cancel your reservation booked with your Vacation Club Points and are due to arrive more than 60 days from the day you cancel, you may do so without penalty. Your usage will be returned to your account and will be accessible for use upon completion of cancellation.
If you are seeking to cancel your reservation and are due to arrive 1 to 60 days from the day you cancel, your Vacation Club Points will be returned to a Holding Account; however, the Points Premium (if any) will be forfeited.
- For Vacation Club Points expiring anytime in 2020 or 2021 and placed into a Holding Account, the expiration deadline will be extended through December 31, 2021, and can be used for a villa reservation or select Explorer offerings within 120 days of arrival instead of the previous 60 days of arrival. The December 31, 2021 extension will be made to your account within two weeks.
If you are seeking to cancel your reservation on the date of arrival or while staying at one of our resorts, Vacation Club Points will not be returned.
You will receive an Interval International week that will be deposited into your Interval International account within the next 10 days for future use. The Interval International week will have a reduced exchange rate of $99 and will expire on December 16, 2021. You will be able to check availability up to 120 days prior to your desired arrival date.
My Scheduled Arrival Is 60 Days or More from My Date of Cancellation
- Your usage will be returned to your account and will be accessible for use upon completion of cancellation without penalty. If you don't plan to use your ownership week, you may also deposit your week with Interval International as a full deposit, usable for travel up to 24 months after the check-out date of your deposited week for the reservation you are canceling.
My Scheduled Arrival Is 59 Days to 14 Days from My Date of Cancellation
- While cancellations are not permitted, your week can be deposited with Interval International for a Late Deposit. You will have two years from the check-out date of your deposited week to travel and can check availability up to 59 days before your desired arrival date.
My Scheduled Arrival Is Less Than 14 Days from My Date of Cancellation
- While Cancellations are not permitted, you may be eligible for a Short Notice deposit through Interval International on a very limited basis. Please contact Owner Services to check availability. If accepted by Interval International, you will have two years from the check-out date of your deposited week to travel and can check availability up to 30 days before your desired arrival date.
- Please note that only full villas/units (no lock-offs) are eligible for requesting Short Notice deposit.
Due to extended hold times, if you would like to cancel a reservation for an arrival in the next 75 days, we ask that you submit your request via our contact form.
Explorer Collection Reservations
View the most current cancellation information for vacations and experiences with the following third-party travel providers for Marriott Vacation Club.
Cruises by Our Vacation Center
- Cruise suspensions vary by cruise line and are subject to change. For more information, contact Our Vacation Center at 888-878-5423.
- The May 11, 2020, Marriott Vacation Club Owner Exclusive Cruise has been canceled, and your Vacation Club Points will be returned to a Holding Account.
- Many participating properties are currently closed for arrivals. This varies by region and departure date. If your reservation has been canceled due to a hotel closure, your Vacation Club Points will be returned to a Holding Account.
- If you are seeking to cancel your reservation outside of the hotel’s cancellation policy, and you are due to arrive 1 to 60 days from the day you cancel, your Vacation Club Points will be returned to a Holding Account.
- If you are seeking to cancel your reservation within the hotel’s cancellation policy, your Vacation Club Points will not be returned.
Villas of Distinction
- Villas of Distinction is working to accommodate date and/or location changes. For more information, contact Villas of Distinction at 800-898-1097.
- THIRDHOME is working to accommodate date and/or location changes. For more information, contact THIRDHOME at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exclusive Owner Events at a Marriott Vacation Club Resort or Property
- All Exclusive Owner Events have been canceled through May 28, 2020, and your Vacation Club Points will be returned to a Holding Account or applied to a future event. Please visit Marriott Vacation Club Exclusive Owner Event for more information.
- All scheduled departures through June 30, 2020 have been canceled. Tours after this date may be impacted by region and departure date. For more information, contact Collette at 888-332-1921.
Edible Destinations by Epitourean
- Tours may be impacted by region and departure date. For more information, contact Edible Destinations by Epitourean at 855-378-3990.
- All scheduled departures through May 31, 2020 have been canceled. For more information, contact G-Adventures at 877-277-9855.
Moab Adventure Center
- Experiences may be impacted by departure date. For more information, contact Moab Adventure Center at 435-259-7019.
Airline Tickets by Our Vacation Center
- Airfare change or cancellation policies vary by airline. Contact your airline directly for more information.
- Once golf certificates have been ordered, changes or cancellations are not permitted.
- Events may be impacted by region and event date. For more information, contact Pulse Experiential at 800-700-1357.
- All Resort Credits made in conjunction with a reservation between June 1, 2020 – June 30, 2020 have been canceled except for properties in Florida and South Carolina. Resort Credits that were canceled will have Vacation Club Points returned to a Holding Account.
Other Reservation Types
- If you have a reservation confirmed through Interval International, please contact them directly at intervalworld.com.
- If you have a rental reservation, please visit marriott.com or for additional assistance contact Customer Care at 800-936-6824.
- If you have a Preview Package, please call 800-782-5410.
- If you have an Encore Package, please call 888-357-9227.
- Guests who booked through a third-party booking provider or travel agent will need to contact their booking provider directly for any modifications or cancellations.
We're in This Together
Thank you for being part of our vacation family. While we don’t know when this will pass, we know that it will. Until then, take care of yourself. Take care of those closest to you. And when you’re ready to explore this beautiful world of ours again, we’ll be here to help you take care of your future vacation plans.
*Based on government mandated restrictions — including resort closures — these options may not apply to all resorts. Due to continually changing conditions, these cancellation policies may be changed or modified as needed from time to time. For weeks reservations, certain resorts may have a varied cancellation window. Please reference your specific resort’s reservation rules for more information.
Please refer to current Resort & Destination Updates.
Vacation Club Points are used by Owners who purchased in the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program and/or who enrolled in the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program.
Access to the Explorer Collection is made available through the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program and is subject to the terms and conditions as outlined in the applicable Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program documents. Actual experiences will be provided via contractual arrangements with third party providers and may require the payment of additional fees. The experiences described herein are examples of potential vacation opportunities and are subject to change. Marriott International, Inc., Marriott Vacation Club International and their respective affiliates, and subsidiaries, make no warranty, express or implied, as to the condition, capacity, performance or any other aspect of the activities, events, or service providers listed herein. No inquiry has been made into the activities or events, or the qualifications or the quality of services offered by the providers. Do not consider this an endorsement of or recommendation for any of the activities, events, or providers.