This Interim Reservation and Cancellation Policy was last adjusted on March 28, 2020 and applies to reservations that were scheduled for arrivals beginning March 12, 2020.
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
We understand you have a lot on your mind. You’re facing unprecedented disruptions to your day-to-day life — and your vacations. We are here to help, with the most current information on reservation flexibility.
With Your Health and Safety in Mind
We are actively monitoring the situation regarding the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), including related guidance provided by local government and public health officials, and are following any protocols issued by governmental authorities and agencies in the locations in which we do business. We encourage all Owners, Members and guests to refer to the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or their local health authority for more information about COVID-19.
Reservation Cancellation Information*
Pause now, play later. To help you navigate through this rapidly evolving situation, we’ve adjusted your reservation and cancellation options to be more fluid during this uncertain time. This way you can focus on what’s most important right now: taking care of yourself and those closest to you. After all, that’s what your vacations are about.
I'm Canceling a Reservation Made with:
If you are seeking to cancel your reservation booked with your Vacation Club Points and are due to arrive more than 60 days from the day you cancel, you may do so without penalty. Your usage will be returned to your account and will be accessible for use upon completion of cancellation.
If you are seeking to cancel your reservation and are due to arrive 1 to 60 days from the day you cancel, your Vacation Club Points will be returned to a Holding Account; however, the Points Premium (if any) will be forfeited.
- For Vacation Club Points expiring anytime in 2020 or 2021 and placed into a Holding Account, the expiration deadline will be extended through December 31, 2021, and can be used for a villa reservation or select Explorer offerings within 120 days of arrival instead of the previous 60 days of arrival. The December 31, 2021 extension will be made to your account within two weeks.
If you are seeking to cancel your reservation on the date of arrival or while staying at one of our resorts, Vacation Club Points will not be returned.
You will receive an Interval International week that will be deposited into your Interval International account within the next 10 days for future use. The Interval International week will have a reduced exchange rate of $99 and will expire on December 16, 2021. You will be able to check availability up to 120 days prior to your desired arrival date.
My Scheduled Arrival Is 60 Days or More from My Date of Cancellation
- Your usage will be returned to your account and will be accessible for use upon completion of cancellation without penalty. If you don't plan to use your ownership week, you may also deposit your week with Interval International as a full deposit, usable for travel up to 24 months after the check-out date of your deposited week for the reservation you are canceling.
My Scheduled Arrival Is 59 Days to 14 Days from My Date of Cancellation
- While cancellations are not permitted, your week can be deposited with Interval International for a Late Deposit. You will have two years from the check-out date of your deposited week to travel and can check availability up to 59 days before your desired arrival date.
My Scheduled Arrival Is Less Than 14 Days from My Date of Cancellation
- While Cancellations are not permitted, you may be eligible for a Short Notice deposit through Interval International on a very limited basis. Please contact Owner Services to check availability. If accepted by Interval International, you will have two years from the check-out date of your deposited week to travel and can check availability up to 59 days before your desired arrival date.
- Please note that only full villas/units (no lock-offs) are eligible for requesting Short Notice deposit.
Due to extended hold times, if you would like to cancel a reservation for an arrival in the next 75 days, we ask that you submit your request via our contact form.
Other Reservation Types
- If you have a reservation confirmed through Interval International, please contact them directly at intervalworld.com.
- If you have a rental reservation, please visit marriott.com or for additional assistance contact Customer Care at 800-936-6824.
- If you have a Preview Package, please call 800-782-5410.
- If you have an Encore Package, please call 888-357-9227.
- Guests who booked through a third-party booking provider or travel agent will need to contact their booking provider directly for any modifications or cancellations.
We're in This Together
Thank you for being part of our vacation family. While we don’t know when this will pass, we know that it will. Until then, take care of yourself. Take care of those closest to you. And when you’re ready to explore this beautiful world of ours again, we’ll be here to help you take care of your future vacation plans.
*Based on government mandated restrictions — including resort closures — these options may not apply to all resorts. Due to continually changing conditions, these cancellation policies may be changed or modified as needed from time to time. For weeks reservations, certain resorts may have a varied cancellation window. Please reference your specific resort’s reservation rules for more information.
Please refer to current Resort & Destination Updates.