Explore a scenic mountain wonderland.
Lake Tahoe is an exhilarating destination year-round for nature lovers and adventure-seekers alike. The lake's crystal blue waters combine with the pine-forested peaks to create a stunning backdrop for diverse recreation any time of year. And for a change of pace, you can enjoy upscale dining, shopping and entertainment at the Village at Northstar.
Choose from more than 30 beaches around Lake Tahoe’s picturesque 72 miles of shoreline.
Enjoy access to world-class golf at Old Greenwood and Gray's Crossing.
Located just steps from the lobby, the Highlands Gondola offers a scenic ride to upscale dining, shopping, activities and entertainment in the Village at Northstar.
Explore the region’s rich array of hiking trails that showcase breathtaking views of Lake Tahoe. Plus, from The Ritz-Carlton Club®, Lake Tahoe, you can journey along a scenic trail to Sawmill Lake, a guest favorite.
Shopping & dining
Peruse the boutique shops in downtown Truckee and savor several dining options on beautiful Lake Tahoe.
Choose from a wide variety of winter activities at the coveted Northstar California®, from skiing to snowboarding, ice skating and tubing.
- Ski at Northstar California and take the kids for a lesson at Northstar Ski School.
- Explore Lake Tahoe by boat.
- Go ice skating at the Village at Northstar.
- Hit the trails at Cross-Country, Telemark and Snowshoe Center.
- Rent a bike and delve into the lush wilderness.
- Try your hand at catch-and-release fly fishing at Sawmill Lake.
- Take a day trip and step into Nevada's Wild West past in Virginia City.