Explore eclectic adventures year-round.
From world-famous skiing and snow-related activities to mountain hiking and challenging golf, Aspen offers visitors an array of outdoor adventures throughout the year. An eclectic mix of shopping and dining options — plus annual festivals and musical performances — add to the appeal of this popular alpine destination.
Attend casual and formal music concerts at the Wheeler Opera House year round. Plus, a variety of festivals are scheduled during summer, including the Aspen Music Festival, Dance Aspen, Snowmass Rodeo, Janus Jazz Aspen and Theatre in the Park.
Explore a variety of local options for skating fun. Outdoor public skating takes place daily at the ice rink in downtown Aspen, while indoor skating is available at the Aspen Ice Garden and the Aspen Recreation Center.
From float trips to Class V rapids, experience a variety of thrilling white-water experiences, including half- and full-day trips on the Colorado, Roaring Fork and Arkansas rivers.
Ski hundreds of trails on Aspen’s super quartet of mountains: Aspen, Snowmass, Aspen Highlands and Buttermilk. Enjoy Nordic skiing along a network of groomed trails — the most extensive cross-country trail system in the United States. Or don your snowshoes and explore Aspen or Snowmass mountains during a guided walk led by the Aspen Center for Environmental Studies.
Discover a unique collection of shops and galleries in downtown Aspen offering an eclectic mix of art and sculpture, one-of-a-kind jewelry, Western artifacts and more.
- Ski the slopes of Aspen Highlands or three other area mountains.
- Take a horse-drawn sleigh to Pinecreek Cookhouse for lunch or dinner.
- Shop for designer fashions and Western artifacts in downtown Aspen.
- Enjoy a round at Aspen Golf Club or Snowmass Club
- Relax with a leisurely hike along the Rio Grande Trail.
- Have fun ice skating, swimming or wall climbing at the Aspen Recreation Center.
- Tour Smuggler Mine, the oldest operating silver mine in Aspen.
- Explore Aspen’s past with a walking tour through historic downtown.