Embark on an alpine adventure.
Vail boasts more than 5,000 acres of freeride terrain, and the powdery mountains are just one of the main attractions of this top ski destination. The scenic wildlife and cultural diversity, from film festivals to music, are a big part of Vail's popularity.
Explore the beautiful Betty Ford Alpine Gardens, situated in the Rocky Mountains at an elevation of 8,200 feet.
Saddle up and strike out to admire Colorado’s natural beauty on horseback.
Shopping, dining & entertainment
Head to exciting Vail Village to peruse the boutiques or spend a night out for fine dining and festive live music.
Skiing & snowmobiling
Ski Vail's legendary seven Back Bowls, which span more than 2,966 acres and offer an unparalleled powder playground. Grab your cross-country skis or don snowshoes and visit the Vail Nordic Center for guided nature and backcountry tours. Dedicate an afternoon for a snowmobiling expedition through the White River National Forest on more than 50 miles of groomed trails.
- Join the great nightlife on Bridge Street
- Ski the Back Bowls
- Golf at 8,000 feet above sea level
- Go back in time at the Colorado Ski & Snowboard Museum and Hall of Fame
- Put on your snowshoes and explore a nature trail
- Rock till you drop at Vail Village
- Tube through the powder or try a snowmobile